Hey there, the spring quarter has ended and so as promised, here are the results of my quarterly goals. Fair warning though, it won’t be pretty. I did not get many of my goals completed due to a tragic loss in my family. For those who don’t know, I lost my sister to suicide in April.
- Write at least 3 blogs a week. FAIL
- Get active. FAIL
- See doctor for check-up. FAIL
- Stick with budget. FAIL
- Finishing reading Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. FAIL
- Start reading Harry Potter. FAIL
- Finish second draft of The Last Queen of Terrivea. FAIL
- Prepare and post an excerpt of LQoT. FAIL
- Do some poetry. COMPLETE
- Have at least basic outlines for future novels. FAIL
- Find summer job. FAIL, but because I don’t need one.
- Reduce expenses. COMPLETE
- Work harder in marketing. FAIL
- Take some skillshare courses. COMPLETE
- Make a schedule. FAIL
And so there you have it. I obviously failed this quarter’s goals. 3/15 were complete. Probably the worse I’ve done in a long time. I can’t place all the blame on the events of the spring. I do take responsibility for not motivating myself to do some of these tasks. The majority of this list will be transferred to my Summer Quarterly Goals as an attempt at a Re-Do. I’m not proud of myself for the lack of accomplishments, but I’m also not going to beat myself up about it either. I went through hell this quarter and there’s no way I’d expect anyone to accomplish so much if they went through what I had to.
I just hope that the FAILs don’t become a trend among my goals in the future.
Thanks for reading,