- Those who matter won’t mind and those who mind don’t matter.
- Don’t sweat the petty and definitely don’t pet the sweaty.
- Do what works best for YOU!
- When you are just beginning your writing journey do not concern yourself with other people’s opinions.
- Know the difference between creative criticism and cynicism.
- Never stop learning.
- Take any advice with a grain of salt. There is no advice in the world that works for everyone.
- Follow your heart, gut, and brain. Never just rely on one.
- Don’t give up. Even when times are hard. You’ve got this.
- Most importantly. Look out for yourself. Your health and mental health are more important than finishing your book. Take care of yourself.
Some of these are advice given to me by family and friends.
Thanks for reading,
– Lalia LaRose